Learning electromagnetism for the first time will often give students a few challenges. We’ve created this page to guide you through a few key concepts that you will meet along the way. Hopefully this page will give you a helpful introduction and become a reference whenever you are uncertain about a specific topic. Remember that there is also a page dedicated to notes in this course, containing guides on vector calculus, programming and other interesting topics.
- Calculating the gradient in Python
- Using Mayavi’s contour3d function
- SyntaxError: Non-ASCII character
- Magnetic fields from solenoids
- Note on the magnetic vector potential
- Note on RLC circuits
- Online lectures from MIT with Walter Lewin
- Equation sheet
Notes and external resources:
- How to master programming in FYS1120
- Walter Lewin’s lectures on Electricity and Magnetism (MIT)
These don’t follow the same syllabus as ours, but should give you a good repetition of central topics you might have missed throughout the course.
- Electromagnetic java simulations
If you have any suggestions about tips & tricks for your fellow students, please use the form below to leave a comment on this page. Or if you prefer to do this non-publicly, send us an e-mail to email@example.com.